Personal Data Protection and Privacy
We are not collecting personal data from the public but merely collating information from organisations’ websites and putting them in one place. Business to business marketing does not come under the GDPR. We nonetheless acknowledge the importance of protecting all personal information whether covered by data protection or privacy legislation or not, and have conducted an assessment and are satisfied that our website and its aims and activities fall within the legitimate interest test.
- We use people’s data in ways they would reasonably expect and which have a minimal privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification for the processing.
- We fully accept taking the responsibility for considering and protecting people’s rights and interests.
- The legitimate interest we have in making the information on this website available is because we believe it is to the positive advantage of society and the organisations we list, whose aim is to protect and empower young people, and provide the means for their advancement. It simply brings into one place the information already on the public website which we have advertised. This legitimate interest is further expanded in our Mission Statement.
- We believe that bringing this already publicly available information into a central resource advances the work of each organisation, and has no other purpose than to support that work. To the very limited extent that any personal information may be included it is to achieve that purpose, and because it is necessary to do that. In any such limited case we will carefully balance any such information against such persons’ interests, rights and freedoms, and seek permission whenever it is possible to do so.
- The controller of personal information for this website and the person who will deal with any personal information issues is Bruce Houlder who can be contacted at email@example.com
- Any personal information that might be collected is confined to the legitimate interest of creating a directory.
- We do not collect personal data other than business email addresses, but any organisation which wishes to have those details amended or corrected, or has any issues are concerns arising from the use of personal data, is invited to contact the data controller.
We will not have a direct involvement with children or young people beyond using the power of the internet and social media to promote the means to protect them and help them to fulfil their potential.